1. Where, when and how much is Summer Camp?
• Camp will start on Monday July 4th, and run for 8 weeks until Friday Aug 26th, 2022.
• We are closed for the Civic Holiday, Monday August 1st. The four-day week of Aug 2-5 will be $ 175/child at our Cornwall sites and $ 150/child in Alexandria and Williamstown.
2. How do we register?
• Registration will be on-line only at https://bgccornwallsdg.recdesk.com/
• Spaces are very limited and will be filled on a first come/first-serve basis and a waitlist is available for each week. We recommend putting your child’s name on the waitlist as spaces may become available.
• If online registration is a barrier for you, please contact us by phone 613-935-9015 or email email@example.com
3. What methods of payment do you accept?
Payments will be accepted by credit card with your on-line registration.
Option 1: Pay in full at Check Out. A receipt will be emailed to you.
Option 2: Pay a deposit of $50 per week at Check Out. This option is only available until May 30, 2022. With this option, you must save your credit card information to your profile so the balance can be charged according to the schedule below.
Registered weeks of camp in July will be charged to your credit card on June 1st. Registered weeks of camp in August will charged to your credit card on July 4th. If your payment information is not available and therefore the balance is not paid, your reservation will be cancelled.
4. If we register on-line, how do we know that you have received it?
On-line registrations will receive an automatic confirmation email upon completion of registration.
5. How many weeks can we register?
You may register for 1 week up to 8 weeks. Full weeks only (there is no daily or part-time rate).
6. My child has allergies, is there anything different he/she may need to do?
Please make us aware of your child’s allergy by noting in the designated area on our online registration form. If your child has an anaphylactic allergy, please also complete the Anaphylaxis Allergy Form.
7. My child has special needs or medical requirements, are there other forms?
We want your child to have the best possible experience in our program. Please provide details to help us work with your child. If your child has any special needs, whether physical, learning, behavioral, or medical, please complete a Safety Plan. Depending on the needs of your child, our Program Manager may meet with you to ensure we have all the necessary information.
If any medication needs to be administered during program hours, please also complete the Medication Disbursement Form.
If your child has diabetes, please complete the Diabetes Management Sheet.
8. Is food included?
Lunch and snacks are not included. Please note when packing your child’s lunch that our programs are peanut free. We are very active in our programs so please provide your child with plenty of healthy snacks and a refillable water bottle each day.
9. Is subsidy available?
Yes, all BGC Summer Camps are eligible for the Child Care Fee Subsidy. Subsidy is administered by the City of Cornwall, for those who qualify. The Child Care Fee Subsidy program helps eligible families pay for childcare costs at programs within Cornwall and United Counties of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry. Limited childcare fee subsidy are available for children in a childcare program because parents are working, attending school, training, or participating in upgrading skill courses. For more information: https://www.cornwall.ca/en/live-here/child-care-fee-subsidy.aspx
Step 1: Register online (see above #1, 2, and 3) for the location and weeks you would like.
Step 2: Choose “City of Cornwall Subsidy” from the drop-down menu at Checkout and secure your space with a deposit of $50/week (refundable, if subsidy is approved).
Step 3: Complete the application for subsidy https://cornwall.formbuilder.ca/English-Forms/Application-for-Child-Care-Fee-Subsidy and indicate that you have secured a space at BGC.
Step 4: Your application will be reviewed, and you will receive a letter of confirmation from the City of Cornwall. For more information, contact the Child Care Division by phone 613-933-6282 ext. 3315.
Step 5: Once the application and approval process is complete, we will connect with you to refund your $50/week deposit or to arrange payment of the balance.
10. What is your refund policy?
The $50 deposit per week is non-refundable. Registration for our programs may be cancelled by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund up to 14 days prior to the beginning of the program (minus the $50 non-refundable deposit per child per week registered). Refunds will not be issued with less than 14 days’ notice.
Summer Programs - COVID-19 Refund Policy
With the possibility of camps being suspended or cancelled during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following refund guidelines apply:
● Attendees will receive a full refund for any camp week that is not provided due to provincial or public health prohibitions.
● Attendees will receive a partial refund for any camp day(s) that is not provided due to provincial or public health prohibitions. The partial refund will be provided for days not yet attended.
For a refund, due to public health prohibitions, we require a written request sent to: email@example.com
All refunds (less non-refundable deposit) will be distributed in the form of a credit to the Credit Card used for payment. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible after cancellation.
11. What should my child bring to camp each day?
A peanut-free lunch and plenty of healthy snacks, running shoes, re-fillable water bottle, hat, sunscreen, towel, and swimsuit. For the Benson Centre camp, ice skates are recommended, and a helmet is required for skating. Masks are optional unless Public Health guidelines change.
12. What should my child NOT bring to camp each day?
We do not allow children to bring electronic devices, cell phones, toys, or extra items.
We are not responsible for stolen toys, money or other items brought to camp. We will not have access to the vending machines at the Benson Centre or the Char-Lan Rec Center.
13. What time can I drop off my child?
Drop off for all camps must be done between the hours of 8:00am-9:30am.
No extended care is available. Camp drop-off is no earlier than 8:00 am. Pick up is no later than 5:00 pm.
14. What other safety precautions have you taken/put in place?
We have put the following procedures and precautions in place to ensure the safety of all children and staff:
• Children and staff are constantly monitored throughout the day for signs of ill health
• If children display signs of ill health during the day, appropriate isolation and disinfecting protocols will immediately take place.
• Staff are trained in all health and safety protocols, including awareness of typical and atypical signs of COVID-19.
• Staff provide orientation to children on proper hand washing and personal hygiene safe practices.
• Facilities are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
15. What types of programs/activities will my child(ren) do when they are at camp?
Each week includes a fun interactive theme. Our staff are hard at work planning activities and programs including indoor and outdoor play, crafts, science experiments, water fun and more.
For any other questions or if you require assistance with on-line registration, please contact our main 506 Clubhouse at 613-935-9015 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org