WHERE and WHEN is the After School Program?
• These programs run on all school days, except if buses are cancelled due to inclement weather
• The After School Program does not run on PA Days, holidays, and school breaks at Christmas and March Break
WHO can register? HOW MUCH does the After School Program cost?
*NEW: pilot project to include kindergarten (ages 4-5) at Sacred Heart location only.
• Locations within schools are open only to students who attend that school
• 506 Clubhouse, Benson Center, and Henry St Clubhouse are open to students of any school
• Parents/Guardians are responsible for coordinating transportation to/from the program. In many cases, families can arrange for a school bus to drop off at our programs.
HOW can we register?
• Registration is now open on-line at https://bgccornwallsdg.recdesk.com/Community/Home
• Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis; however, we offer a waitlist if the program is full. Please add your name and we will contact you as soon as spaces become available.
• If online registration is a barrier for you, please contact us by phone 613-935-9015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Pay in full at Check Out. A receipt will be automatically emailed to you. If you are paying in full before Sept 26, 2022 you will save $100 per child. After that date, a pro-rated amount will be calculated for the remainder of the program. (Do not select “Pay Deposit Only”)
2. Pay Monthly requires that you check the box for “Save your credit card information” as this will allow us to create a monthly payment plan. Next, select “Pay Deposit Only” so your credit card will be charged for the first month at the time of registration. Then, your credit card will be charged on the 28th of each month for the following month. The last payment will be May 28, 2023 for the month of June 2023.
How will I know that you have received my registration?
On-line registrations will receive an automatic confirmation email shortly after completion.
What is the process if I need to apply for subsidy?
Subsidy Applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Start by completing your online registration, at checkout, select Apply for BGC Subsidy. You will not be charged at this time and your space in the program will be saved. Kindly complete and submit our BGC Subsidy Application to apply. You will be contacted by our staff to confirm if your application is approved. If it is not approved, you will have the option to pay for the program or withdraw.
How is your organization responding to COVID-19?
We are following the Ministry of Education’s policies and guidelines to operate with enhanced health and safety protocols in place due to COVID-19. These practices will be modified as needed to reflect any updated or new advice:
• Parents/Guardians will not be permitted inside the clubhouse or facility
• If children display signs of ill health, appropriate isolation and disinfecting protocols will immediately take place.
• Staff are trained in all health and safety protocols, including awareness of typical and atypical signs of COVID-19
• Staff provide orientation to children on proper hand washing and personal hygiene safe practices.
• Cleaning and disinfecting routines will take place multiple times a day in all building common areas, surfaces, and play equipment. This will include all high touch points (doorknobs, light switches, counter/tabletops, chairs etc.)
• Appropriate floor and wall signage are in place to remind and guide physical distancing.
My child has allergies is there anything different he/she may need to do?
Please make us aware of your child’s allergy by noting in the designated area on our online registration form. If your child has an anaphylactic allergy, please also complete the Anaphylaxis Allergy Form.
My child has special needs or requires medication, what do I need to know?
• If your child has any special needs (physical, learning, behavioral, or medical), we want your child to succeed! Please provide information on the Membership Form. If additional information is required, complete a Safety Plan.
• If medication needs to be administered during program hours, please complete the Medication Disbursement Form and provide the medication in its original prescription container.
• If your child has diabetes please complete the Diabetes Management Sheet.
Is food included?
Healthy snacks will be provided in a Grab & Go format to minimize food handling. Examples include yogurt, granola bars, cheese strings, and whole fresh fruit. Many children are hungry after school, so feel free to provide your child with additional nutritious snacks as well as a re-fillable water bottle. Please note: food must be peanut and nut free.
(Please, no Wow-Butter either as it is confused for Peanut Butter)
What is your refund policy?
If you wish to withdraw from the program for any reason, you may do so by email up to 14 days prior to the beginning of a new month. For attendee that paid the year in full, a pro-rated credit will be issued. For attendees paying monthly, the payment plan can be cancelled with 14 days’ notice.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our camps will remain open conditional on the Government of Ontario allowing these programs to be offered. With the possibility of programs being suspended or cancelled in this new environment the following refund guidelines apply:
● Attendees that paid the year in full will receive a credit on account or full refund for the following month and subsequent months that is not provided due to provincial or public health prohibitions.
● Attendees that pay monthly will not be refunded for partial months, but Payment Plans will be suspended during closures.
Do you offer any discounts for siblings or early registration?
Unfortunately, due to increased cost to deliver the program, no discounts will be offered at this time except for the saving of $100 per child for paying the full year in advance.
What should my child bring to the after school program each day?
Running shoes, re-fillable water bottle, and clothing appropriate for outdoor activities. Please ensure your children are prepared with a rain jacket, boots, coat, mittens, and hat as needed.
What should my child NOT bring to the program?
We do not allow children to bring electronic devices, cell phones, plush animals, toys, or extra items.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen toys, money or other items.
What if busses are cancelled or we have a Snow Day?
BGC Programs do not run when the school busses are cancelled due to inclement weather.
What is the drop off (or arrival) procedure?
• Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter the program area/premises, except under exceptional circumstances.
What will the pick-up procedures be?
• As Parents and Guardians cannot enter the program space, our staff will escort your child to the door to meet you.
For any other questions or if you require assistance with on-line registration please contact our main 506 Clubhouse at 613-935-9015 or email email@example.com