WHERE and WHEN is the After School Program?
- These programs run on all school days, except if buses are cancelled due to inclement weather
- The After School Program does not run on PA Days, holidays, and school breaks at Christmas and March Break
WHO can register? HOW MUCH does the After School Program cost?
- Locations within schools are open only to students who attend that school
- 506 Clubhouse, Benson Center, and Henry St Clubhouse are open to students of any school
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for coordinating transportation to/from the program. In many cases, families can arrange for a school bus to drop off at our programs.
HOW can we register?
- Registration is now open on-line at https://bgccornwallsdg.recdesk.com/Community/Home
- Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis; however, we offer a waitlist if the program is full. Please add your name and we will contact you as soon as spaces become available.
- If online registration is a barrier for you, please contact us by phone 613-935-9015 or email email@example.com
- Pay in full at Check Out before Sept 25, 2023 to save $25 – $150 per child. Do not select “Pay Deposit Only”
- Pay Monthly requires that you check the box for “Save your credit card information” as this will allow us to create a monthly payment plan. Next, select “Pay Deposit Only” so your credit card will be charged for the first month at the time of registration. Then, your credit card will be charged on the 28th of each month for the following month. The last payment will be May 28, 2024 for the month of June 2024.
- Apply for BGC Subsidy requires an application form found here to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org A limited number of subsidies are available and approval is based on net household income with consideration for special circumstances. At check-out, select “Pay Deposit Only” and your credit card will be charged for the first month at the time of registration. Also check the box for “Save your credit card information.” You will continue to be billed on the 28th of each month until we receive and approve your application for a subsidy
How will I know that you have received my registration?
On-line registrations will receive an automatic confirmation email shortly after completion.
Allow at least one full business day before sending your child to the program. This allows our staff to expect your child in attendance at the program and have copies of all the relevant forms and contact information for your child.
What is the process if I need to apply for subsidy?
Subsidy Applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Start by completing your online registration, at checkout, select Apply for BGC Subsidy. You will not be charged at this time and your space in the program will be saved. Kindly complete and submit our BGC Subsidy Application to apply. You will be contacted by our staff to confirm if your application is approved. If it is not approved, you will have the option to pay for the program or withdraw.
What if a payment is late?
If you have chosen to pay monthly, the Program Fee is due on the 28th of each month for the following month. A late fee of $25 will be added for every month that is not paid on time. To avoid additional late fees, please contact us to update your stored credit card information if you get a new card number or if your card’s expiry date changes.
My child has allergies is there anything different he/she may need to do?
My child has special needs or requires medication, what do I need to know?
If your child has any special needs (physical, learning, behavioral, or medical), we want your child to succeed! Please provide information on the Membership Form.
- After-School Program takes place in a sensory rich environment that is fast paced and stimulating. Inclusion support may be required for some children to participate in program. If you are unsure whether your child will require support or if any off the following apply to your child, we require you to fill out and submit our Inclusion Plan
- Receives additional support at school
- Receives support at home for basic care
- Engages in behaviour that could affect the safety of themselves or others
- Is associated with a support agency
- Is unable to self-propel or toilet independently – Is unable to self-regulate
- If medication needs to be administered during program hours, please complete the Medication Disbursement Form and provide the medication in its original prescription container.
- If your child has diabetes please complete the Diabetes Management Sheet.
All special forms should be send by email to email@example.com
Is food included?
Healthy snacks will be provided in a Grab & Go format to minimize food handling. Examples include yogurt, granola bars, cheese strings, and whole fresh fruit. Many children are hungry after school, so feel free to provide your child with additional nutritious snacks as well as a re-fillable water bottle. Please note: food must be peanut and nut free.
(Please, no Wow-Butter either as it is confused for Peanut Butter)
What is your refund policy?
If you wish to withdraw from the program for any reason, you may do so by email up to 14 days prior to the beginning of a new month. For attendee that paid the year in full, a pro-rated credit will be issued. For attendees paying monthly, the payment plan can be cancelled with 14 days’ notice.
Do you offer any discounts for siblings or early registration?
Unfortunately, due to increased cost to deliver the program, no discounts will be offered at this time except for the saving of $150 per child for paying the full year in advance.
What should my child bring to the after school program each day?
Running shoes, re-fillable water bottle, and clothing appropriate for outdoor activities. Please ensure your children are prepared with a rain jacket, boots, coat, mittens, and hat as needed.
What should my child NOT bring to the program?
We do not allow children to bring electronic devices, cell phones, plush animals, toys, or extra items.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen toys, money or other items.
What if busses are cancelled or we have a Snow Day?
BGC Programs do not run when the school busses are cancelled due to inclement weather.
What is the drop off (or arrival) procedure?
Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter the program area/premises, except under exceptional circumstances.
What will the pick-up procedures be?
As Parents and Guardians cannot enter the program space, our staff will escort your child to the door to meet you.