How and when can we register?
Registration will be on-line only at bgccornwallsdg.recdesk.com
Spaces are very limited and will be filled on a first-come/first-served basis. Registration for Cornwall locations will open on Thursday, July 2nd at 10:00am. Registration for Alexandria will open Monday July 6th at 10:00am. Weekly waitlists available.
If we register on-line, how do we know that you have received it?
On-line registrations will receive an automatic confirmation email shortly after completion.
How many weeks can we register?
You may register for just 1 week or up to 7 weeks. Full weeks only (there is no daily rate).
What is the process if I need to apply for Child Care Fee Subsidy?
Families who need help with the cost of summer camp can apply to the City of Cornwall for a subsidy if they meet various requirements. The subsidy may cover all, or part, of eligible families’ summer camp cost. The amount of the subsidy provided is based on the family net income on their most recent Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency. For more information on applying for the Child Care Fee Subsidy: https://www.cornwall.ca/en/live-here/child-care.aspx
To secure your space at Boys and Girls Club Summer Camp, complete your registration for online as usual. Due to the unusual circumstances this year, registration is only available online. You will need to pay the deposit of 1 week’s camp fee, but if you qualify for the Child Care Fee Subsidy, it will be refunded back to your credit card.
What methods of payment to you accept?
Payments will be accepted by credit card with your on-line registration.
What is your refund policy?
If you wish to cancel your registration for any reason, you may do so by phone or email up to 14 days prior to the beginning of the program less a $25 non-refundable deposit per child per week registered. Refunds will not be issued with less than 14 days’ notice.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our camps will remain open conditional on the Government of Ontario allowing these programs to be offered. With the possibility of camps being suspended or cancelled in this new environment the following refund guidelines apply:
● Attendees will receive a full refund for any camp week that is not provided due to provincial or public health prohibitions. (The refund will be pro-rated for partial weeks.)
Refunds will be distributed as soon as possible after the camp cancellation.
Do you offer any discounts for siblings or early registration?
With limited spaces available, no discounts will be offered at this time.
What types of programs/activities will my child(ren) do when they are at camp?
Programming will look a little different this summer. Our staff are hard at work planning activities and programs that promote physical distancing, while maintaining the fun. Indoor and outdoor play, crafts, science experiments, water fun and more. There will be no field trips or any out trips that require transportation.
How many spaces are available in each camp?
A: Each camp group will have no more than 8 children in the group. Each group will be accompanied by 2 staff. The total number of groups available at each site will be based on the space / number of rooms.
Are children and staff required to wear masks?
Children are not required to wear masks while at camp, however are welcome to do so if they prefer. All staff working in camps will wear masks when indoors if physical distancing is not possible.
What should my child bring to camp each day?
A peanut-free lunch and plenty of healthy snacks, running shoes, re-fillable water bottle, hat, sunscreen, towel, and swimsuit.
The lunch bags, sunscreen, water bottle must be labelled with the child’s name.
Children will be required to apply their own sunscreen before going outdoors.
What should my child NOT bring to camp?
We do not allow members to bring electronic devices, cell phones, toys, or extra items.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen toys, money or other items brought to camp.
What will drop off procedures look like?
• Daily Health Screening will be conducted in accordance with Public Health directives. All parents/guardians will be required to complete a thorough screening for their child(ren) each morning at drop off. Please be prepared as this will take extra time each morning. Parents/guardians are asked to print and complete the Screening Questionnaire each day prior to arriving at camp to speed up drop off routine. Upon arriving at camp, the completed screening form can be given to the screening team, and they will check your child’s temperature. If you are unable to print and complete at home prior to arrival, the screening team will complete this process with you and your child.
• We will be screening all individuals before entrance into facilities/areas where programs are running. This includes staff, children, and essential visitors.
• At drop off, health screening will occur outside the premises or in an indoor designated area. Entrance to the program is ONLY allowed upon passing health screening.
• Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter the program area/premises, except under exceptional circumstances.
• No visitors or volunteers or any other non-essential individuals are allowed into our program space.
What time can I drop off my child(ren)?
Drop off for all camps must be done between the hours of 8:30am-10am. After this point, staff will not be available to screen and sign in children. The doors will always remain locked.
What will pick up procedures look like?
As Parents and Guardians cannot enter the program space, our staff will escort your child to the door to meet you.
What other safety precautions have you taken/put in place?
We have put the following procedures and precautions in place to ensure the safety of all children and staff:
• Children and staff are constantly monitored throughout the day for signs of ill health
• If children display signs of ill health during the day, appropriate isolation and disinfecting protocols will immediately take place.
• Our staff will appropriately wear PPE, in accordance to their designation.
• Staff are trained in all health and safety protocols, including awareness of typical and atypical signs of COVID-19.
• Staff provide orientation to children on proper hand washing and personal hygiene safe practices.
• Cleaning and disinfecting routines will take place multiple times a day in all building common areas, surfaces, and play equipment. This will include all high touch points (doorknobs, light switches, counter/tabletops, chairs etc.).
• Physical distancing requirements (at least 2 meters/6 feet) are practiced in the use and movement between common work areas.
• Appropriate floor and wall signage are in place to remind and guide physical distancing.
My child has allergies is there anything different he/she may need to do?
Please make us aware of your child’s allergy by noting in the designated area on our online registration form. If your child has an anaphylactic allergy, please also complete the Anaphylaxis Allergy Form.
Please note that if any medication needs to be administered during program hours, please complete the Medication Disbursement Form and provide the medication in its original prescription container. If your child has diabetes please complete the Diabetes Management Sheet.
If necessary, also complete the Safety Plan Form.
Please note that we are a peanut and nut free facility.
For any other questions or if you require assistance with on-line registration please contact our
main 506 Clubhouse at 613-935-9015 or by email at email@example.com